L-Carnitine by Thorne Research
– L-Carnitine is an essential cofactor for several enzymes necessary for transport of free long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria.
– It is found in high concentrations in myocardial and skeletal muscle.
– L-Carnitine helps the body turn fat into energy, and may offer benefits to pets with cardiovascular issues or age-related brain functioning decline.
L-Glutamine by Thorne Research
– L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body.
– Found in high concentration in the gastrointestinal tract, L-Glutamine is the preferred fuel for the cells lining the small intestine.
– Glutamine is critical in the functioning of the immune system, and also appears to be necessary for normal brain function and healthy digestion.
Memoractiv by Thorne Research
– Memoractiv is a unique combination of phosphatidylserine, Ginkgo, acetyl L-carnitine, vinpocetine, and the Ayurvedic herb Bacopa. Memoractiv provides the gold standard in optimum cognitive function and memory enhancement.
– This is an excellent supplement for pets with age-related decline in brain functioning.
GI-Encap by Thorne Research
– GI-Encap combines deglycyrrhizinated licorice root and the dried powder of unripe plantain banana to support the natural defenses of the gastric mucosa without inhibiting gastric acid secretion.
– GI-Encap also includes slippery elm and marshmallow root, both of which are rich in mucilage and traditionally used for soothing demulcent properties and as nutritional support for the mucosal lining of the intestinal tract.
Lactobacillus Sporogenes by Thorne Research
– Lactobacillus sporogenes represents a breakthrough in Lactobacillus supplementation – a safe, stable, effective, L(+)-lactic-acid-producing organism.
– It requires no refrigeration or special handling. Lactobacillus sporogenes resists degradation by stomach acid, binds cholesterol in the digestive tract, and may inhibit cholesterol-producing enzymes in the body.
Phytisone Adrenal Support by Thorne Research
– Phytisone is a specially formulated blend of tonifying botanicals, adaptogens, and key nutrients designed to provide nutritional support for the adrenals.
– This formula may be of benefit to cats and dogs experiencing ongoing physical or emotional stress, and to strengthen weak pets.
Vacimyr by Thorne Research
– The anthocyanoside flavonoids found in bilberry have an affinity for ocular connective tissue, thus providing structural support for the retina, cornea, and other constituents of the eye.
– Vacimyr may be of benefit to pets with eye health issues and age-related deterioration of vision.
Taurine by Thorne Research
– Taurine is essential to cardiac and eye function. It is reported to modulate cardiac activity, possibly by helping to regulate the electrical activity that controls health heart contractions.
– It has also been shown to have a muscle strengthening effect on the heart.
– Taurine is an essential amino acid for cats (one that they are unable to manufacture in their bodies).
– Supplementation with taurine is helpful for cats or dogs currently or with a history of eating poor quality commercial pet foods made with little meat content.
Basic B Complex by Thorne Research
– Basic B Complex contains the entire B complex, including the activated forms of vitamins B2 (riboflavin 5′-phosphate) and B6 (pyridoxal 5′-phosphate), and also includes 80 mg choline citrate.
– B-Vitamins may provide extra nutritional support to pets experiencing high stress or high level of activity, and for pets with skin & coat or digestive issues.
– There are no known toxicity effects for these water-soluble vitamins, and any excess amounts are eliminated through urination.